Hello and Happy Sunday everyone – hopefully it is as sunny there as it is in Galway today! 🙂 This week has been pretty amazing – it was Galway Fashion Week and I attended the Irish Fashion Innovation Awards and also the Galway Fashion Trail – both of which were excellent. I am looking forward to sharing all the details later this week on here.
This week has been a fab week for reading blogs and I have enjoyed so many – here are my top picks for this week;
- First up, a post by Carrie on how to ‘Spring into Running’ – loved this as she offers practical tips that you can follow to really get you better or even started in running.
- And staying on the fitness theme – Carly shares a really good post on bodies and how they are portrayed on social media. She also shared today a great YouTube video with some very honest truths on the fitness industry which I have shared at the end of this blog post and I encourage you to watch.
- Really great post by Damien on why trends are bad and Style is what you do, fashion is what you’ve to choose from – love it!
- I have been aware of white labelling for some time and I am not really a fan when someone says that they made this from scratch when that is not actually the truth. There is certainly I feel a place for it but it is a topic that I think more people should talk about. Rosemary had a good post on it this week that goes through a top level explanation of what it is.
- Zara shared some beautiful Spring wedding guest dress options – so stunning.
- Handy post by Sarah on how to use the new online renewal option for your Passport
- Love this review of Dough Bros in Galway – love their pizza!
- During college I didn’t have the finances to travel all the time – we still went away but I wish we did it more. Ciara this week is sharing how she can afford to travel while still in college.
- Colette shared a great review of Skinfull Affairs this week – Affordable, Vegan, Cruelty Free Beauty In Dublin, which I am looking forward to trying.
- And lastly – not a blog post but a whole blog 🙂 Lisa Eldgridge’s blog to be exact. I have followed her for yours on YouTube but never actually read her blog before – well 3 hours later I am a fan. Worth a serious look if you love beauty/skincare.
On Floralesque this week it has been a super busy one! Here is a mini-rundown of what we have been talking about; The week started with reviewing the Insiders Secrets Interior Design and Style Masterclass with HouseEdit.ie.We interviewed Delphine Grandjouan about her inspirations and so much more and also interviewed Anastasia Caples about her stunning felt creations! I then decided to put all the interviews with the finalists of the Irish Fashion Innovation Awards here and we happily ended the week with looking (and loving) the new Spring Summer Collection by Juvi Designs
And as promised – here is that video by Carly which is honest, heartfelt and gets to the guts of the issues in the industry.