After being away in Italy recently I did enjoy the switching off part of the holiday and made me realize how important it is not to be consumed by my online life and to focus a wee bit more on my real life and the amazing people that are in my life. When you only have access to WiFi at certain times I actually focused on what I wanted to read and not just endless Facebook scrolling which was a welcome change! One thing that I realized is that I actually missed reading blogs when I was away so this round up is what I have been reading as I catch up 🙂
And now onto the beautiful blog and random internet shenanigans for this week;
- Firstly a massive congrats to Triona from Modafix on the release of her first jewellery collection – the shell pieces look so pretty and I have no doubt that they will be a complete sell out.
- I am utterly obsessed with the Kailijumei Colour Changing Lipsticks and I love this post from Karen with some pretty bang on dupes for them!
- I think while I was taking more care than usual of my skin on holidays I am more in touch with beauty favourites – and these Spectrum brushes look AMAZING – Bec gives a great run down of them in this post and I will certainly be picking some of them up when they launch in September.
- I found this article quite interesting with Chiara Ferragni and how her blog has grown into website and how her and her team (oh to have a team!) decide to turn down many opportunities with brands “because it rejected offers from brands that did not align with the editorial message”. I think that it is important to keep in tune with what your brand’s message is so this was a good read.
- Claire from Claire Ann Digital has a fantastic advice piece on Managing money, taxes and getting paid – a great read with some simple tips that would make your life a lot easier.
- The Urban Decay X Alice Through the Looking Glass” eyeshadow palette is an AMAZING palette and Sadhbh shares a great review on her blog with some fantastic imagery.
- Fitness has been a struggle for me recently though I have recently started with a personal trainer and I loved this post from Joanne about getting back on track when you fall off the fitness train.
- How amazing does this recipe look! Sarah has seriously made me hungry just looking at the pictures 🙂
- Next onto a more sobering topic – Una discusses what is involved in making a will. Very interesting piece and I know that It is something that I should do – hopefully by following her series it will make the process a little clearer.
- I have been debating buying the YSL Blogger bag for a few months now – Ciara is not helping my credit card with this amazing review on her YouTube Channel:)
- And last but by no mean least Zara certainly has me raving about ruffles after reading her latest post! I especially love the Gucci AW piece – a fantastic style post 🙂
And if you are looking for more to read on here – on Monday we started back with the story behind one of my new favourite Italian stores ‘Eco Capri’ and then we went straight into an interesting interview with Sharkgirl Madison Stewart. I then talked about meditation and how I intend to take my practice to the next level.
On Thursday seen a very exciting interview with Irish Jewellery Designer Martina Hamilton along with an invite to her new collection launch for you all. The week ended with some fellow blogger love with my current favourite Instagram accounts! Hope everyone has a fun weekend and stays safe in this terrible weather 🙂 xx