Today is International Women’s Day and what better way to celebrate than to share an amazing Irish Design collaboration celebrating the day that it is. Brenda Ahern and Helen Delany who are the talents behind the fab Irish brand Electronic Sheep, have joined up with fashion writer and co-founder of the Inclusive Fashion and Design Collective Sinéad Burke.
They have come togeather to design a beautiful typographic scarf with quotes from both historic and contemporary women’s voices. The print, style and fonts used have really created the most beautiful finished product. Sinéad has long been someone I have looked up to for her fashion knowledge and also her drive to improve the industry – she truly loves the history and has such a passion for clothing.
The quotes on the scarf are as follows;
- ‘If the sun refuses to rise, we will make it rise.’ – Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
- ‘We Are All Equal’ – Brenda Aherne and Helen Delany of Electronic Sheep
- ‘When they go low, we go high.’ – Michelle Obama
- ‘Be curious and be kind.’ – Sinéad Burke
- ‘I am no longer accepting the things I cannot change. I am changing the things I cannot accept.’ – Angela Davis
The scarves cost €120 with 15% going to Women’s Aid and are on sale from today! Move quickly though – these will sell out fast. They are available at Scout and Electronic Sheep. This is one collaboration that I am certainly 100% behind – well done Sinead!! #ElectronicxMinnie