On 24 April 2013, 1,134 people were killed and over 2,500 were injured when the Rana Plaza complex collapsed in Dhaka, Bangladesh.
That’s when Fashion Revolution was born.
Fashion Revolution Week is happening from 23rd to 29th April 2018, and today I wanted to share with you the list of events that are happening all around Ireland this year! For those not aware Fashion Revolution are encouraging people around the world to ask brands #whomademyclothes, to demand greater transparency to help improve the working conditions and wages of the people who work to make our clothes. The campaign will run in over 90 countries and I am in no way associated with them but felt that I had to share their Revolution Week with you. The question is important – who made your clothes? If you ask the brand will they tell you???
Here is the listing if the Events being held in Ireland that I am aware of! If you know of an event that is happening that I have missed please let me know and I will add it in.
Events In Dublin
- Fashion Revolution Week MeetUp and Kick Off Event at Tasty Threads, Weds 25/4, 6-9pm
- The True Cost Screening + Panel at The Generator Hostel, Tues 24/4, 7-9pm
- Government panel at Leinster House, Weds 25/4, 11am
- Creative Upcycling Workshop at the Rediscovery Centre, Friday 26/4, 10am-12.30pm
- Fashion Revolution Market at The Grand Social, Sat 28/4, 12-5pm
- Nádúr – Yoga + Natural Skincare & Dye at Fumbally Stables, Sat 28/4, 4-6:30pm
- Make Do Mend at Fumbally Stables, Sun 29/4 12-3pm
Events in Sligo
- Swap + Upcycle Workshop at Tricky’s Mc Garrigles, Sat 28/4 12-5pm
- Long shopping hours around the city, there will also be demos and workshops in locals shops
Events in Limerick
- Clothing Repair Cafe: DIY Fashion Revolution at Chez le Fab, Sat 28/4 10-6pm
Events in Thomastown, Kilkenny
- True Cost Screening Shelly Sat 28/4 3:00 PM
You can follow Fashion Revolution here, and they are also on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. There is also a Facebook for the Irish Movement which you can follow here. Check out #whomademyclothes online to follow this revolution online!