December sees the launch of the inaugural Sligo Fashion Trail and I for one already know that this will be one not to miss! I have previously attended Fashion Trails in Galway and Athlone and they were very well organised and such a fun day out. The Fashion Trails entails visiting multiple retailers in a town and enjoying pop-up runway shows in each retailer of the latest styles that they have to offer.
The Sligo Fashion Trail is on Thursday 01st December and if you are looking for style inspiration or even just some fun runway shows then it is worth popping along to. And did I mention the morning coffees, afternoon teas and a few glasses of bubbly along the way… it is such a fun day out!
What I love about the trails is that they also showcase Irish Design as part of the day. And the Sligo trail will be showcasing the very amazing works of Milliner Marina Scally of withNora Designs and jeweller, Martina Hamilton (who I have interviewed previously here) along with recent St Angela’s fashion graduate, Jade Reidy (who I have interviewed previously here) and will showcase their collections on the day.
You may remember my interview here with Cait and I – well delightfully this wonderful store will also be playing host to the bloggers that will be attending. They stock some amazing handmade design and craft goods.
THE SLIGO FASHION TRAIL SCHEDULE
The Sligo Fashion Trail is free to the public and Sligo local retailers showcasing the latest style from their autumn/winter collections. You can follow the event on Facebook here and below is the schedule for the day;
- 1100am – 1200pm – Quayside Shopping Center
- 1230pm & 1430pm – Johnson Court
- 1515pm – Quayside Shopping Center
- 1600pm – Anna’s Boutique
- 1645pm – The Italian Wardrobe
It is a free event so everyone is invited! I would highly recommend popping along if you are free on Thursday as it is such a fun day and also if you can get some of your friends to come along it’s even better!
PREVIOUS ATHLONE AUTUMN WINTER 2016 FASHION TRAIL
More recently I attended the Athlone Fashion Trail and it was so much fun! There were so much to see and actually quite a few stores that I had not visited before and that is what I love about the trails – you can discover fab new places to shop shop shop 🙂
- The Full Athlone Fashion Trail Review – link to full post
PREVIOUS GALWAY SPRING SUMMER 2016 FASHION TRAIL
If you would like to read more on the Galway Fashion Trail from earlier this year please find links below to my review of each of the retailers that took part;
- Boutique 1 – Don’t call me Dear – Galway Milliners – link to full post
- Boutique 2 – Willow – Natasha Heaslip – link to full post
- Boutique 3 – Choice – Caithriona King – link to full post
- Boutique 4 – Kilkenny – Andrea Tighe – link to full post
- Boutique 5 – PIA – Vivianne Martin – link to full post
- Boutique 6 – Treasure Chest – Suzie Mahony – link to full post
- Boutique 7 – Gosh Shoes – Galway Hat Shop – link to full post
- Boutique 8 – Colette Latchford – Brid O’Driscoll – link to full post
If you cannot attend but want to follow along then we will all be using the hashtags #itwbn and #SligoFashionTrail on Social Media. I am so sad that I cannot attend this trail but looking forward to following along on Snapchat and Twitter 🙂