I love simple, quick nutritious food and when this Strong Roots recipe came across my inbox I knew it was one that I wanted to try. I have become quite the avocado lover in recent years and feta cheese is always delish so when I tried this out it was just yum.
Since I am trying to eat cleaner with less processed foods in my day to day diet (with the odd exception), the ingredient listing is short and I can understand each one so it was a go. I am trying to avoid foods where I can’t read or understand the ingredients. That is actually all that I am doing to eat cleaner – read the ingredients in the supermarket. Not very complex but you know what – it works 🙂 And it is also making a difference – I am feeling better for it with more energy as well.
Recipe – Strong Roots Avocado and Feta Loaded Mushrooms
Here is the full recipe for you to try out and it serves 4-8 so fantastic for a group of friends! Or could be a good side as well for a Barbeque as well especially if you wanted to avoid a burger.
- 8 large flat mushrooms
- 2 Strong Roots Ripened Avocado Halves diced
- 10 Cherry tomato quartered
- 100g feta
- ½ red onion small red onion diced
- 2 tsp. lemon juice
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 10g dill chopped
- Salt and Pepper
Instructions to prepare:
- Defrost avocado halves, and dice finely.
- Mix with feta cherry tomato, red onion, dill lemon juice and 1 tbsp of the olive oil, season with salt and pepper.
- Rub the mushrooms with olive oil all over.
- Grill over medium heat barbeque for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Spoon the avocado feta mix on to of the mushrooms and serve.
Hope you enjoy it as much as we did and if you have any suggestions for food like this then please do share 🙂