The Body Shop has been a brand that I have loved since I was a kid – does anyone else remember the stationary that they used to do? The pens, pencils and pencil-cases – I miss those! And does anyone also remember the fun soaps that they used to have – in all the different animal shapes? By the way I loved the polar bear and the gorilla. In a way I really miss that Body Shop. But as with many brands the Body Shop has grown from those days and sadly I can no longer buy some funky pens however I can now buy some pretty amazing skincare.
In recent years they really have come into their own with regards beauty and skincare and today I am back today with a review of a Body Shop Moisturizer that is my go to in Winter – the Vitamin E Intense Moisturiser.
When it comes to a moisturiser to use during the Winter months I am looking for one that can keep my skin hydrated and protected while not making it greasy or takes too long to sink in. The Body Shop Vitamin E Intense Moisturiser ticks many of these boxes and I feel like it helps protect against the Winter elements.
What the Body Shop says;
This luxuriously silky moisturiser has been specially formulated for very dry skin.
- Locks in moisture for long-lasting hydration
- Leaves skin feeling silky-smooth
- Helps to restore skin’s natural moisture barrier
Texture / Consistency
It is certainly of a thick consistency but it feels really nice on the skin and I don’t feel that it clogs my pores even though it is quite thick. If I don’t use this, I tend to get dry patches of skin around my cheeks and foundation just looks awful. This cream keeps those issues at bay and I can’t see me moving to another moisturiser anytime soon.
I do however switch to a lighter moisturiser in the Summer months when my skin is better behaved as I find it a little too thick in the mornings but still use it in the Summer evenings if I feel my skin needs it. For that reason I have this in my skincare collection all year around.
This some in a small plastic jar with a screw top lid. It is very travel friendly in the 50ml size though loses points with me for hygiene reasons as there is no pump but this does not stop me repurchasing.
- Keeps my skin hydrated during the Winter months and I don’t suffer from dry patches
- It doesn’t clog my pores and doesn’t feel greasy on the skin
- A thick layer at night acts like a mask on my skin and in the morning it feels nice and soft
- There is no over powering scent – there is a slight scent to it but I don’t even notice it most mornings
- Very travel friendly – small size and sturdy packaging means it’s easy to throw into my bag
- Price – very reasonably priced at €18.50 considering it performs so well and I always feel like this lasts for quite a while so I don’t feel like I am wasting my money. You don’t need to cake your face in this – a little goes a long way.
- It comes in a pot and for hygiene reasons I wish it came with a pump as even though my hands are washed before putting them into the pot I still feel like I am transferring germs into it
- It doesn’t contain an SPF. This may seem like an odd one but I prefer my SPF to be separate to my moisturiser. Weirdly I feel that separately they do a better job and although adds a step in defence against the sun is so important that I take it seriously
- I can’t put make up on straight away as it does need a moment or two to sink in. This in general does not bother me as I just use that time to brush my teeth or attempt to tame my hair and it doesn’t feel sticky once it soaks in
Would I repurchase?
Yes is the answer and I already have! If you are looking for a good all-around moisturiser that may help your skin during the harsher months then I would say to try it out
The Ingredient Listing
And lastly the ingredient listing, which I include so you can see exactly what you would be putting on your skin with this product:
Aqua, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Butyrospermum Parkii Butter, Olea Europaea Oil, Butylene Glycol, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Glucoside, Triticum Vulgare Germ Oil, Cetyl Alcohol, Cyclomethicone, Vitis Vinifera Seed Oil, Sodium Polyacrylate, Saccharide Isomerate, Polysilicone-11, Phenoxyethanol, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Buxus Chinensis Oil, Panthenol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Parfum, Xanthan Gum, Methylparaben, Benzyl Benzoate, Retinyl Palmitate, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Hydroxide, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Hydroxycitronellal, Isobutylparaben, Propylparaben, Limonene, Geraniol, Linalool, Citronellol, Cinnamyl Alcohol, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Citric Acid, CI 14700.
Disclaimer; this product was purchased with my own money and my opinions are my own. This product suits my particular skin type but all skin types are different so it may work better or not as well for you.