The Liebster Award is an award by bloggers for bloggers and is such a great way to discover new people to follow and read. An award like this is great for sharing the love and showcasing others as well. It is also a way for your readers to get to know you a little better. Thank you to the lovely Veronica from The Ronnie Diaries for the nomination – this is certainly not one of my normal posts and was quite fun to write!
The rules of the Liebster award are quite simple
• Accept the nomination and link back to the blogger who nominated you
• Write a blog post and answer the questions asked of you
• Think of 10 new questions to ask another 10 bloggers
• Nominate the 10 bloggers that you would like to answer your questions
• Tag your nominator on social media when sharing your post
My answer to Veronica‘s Questions;
Q1. Why did you start your blog?
I started Floralesque as an outlet to both my love of writing and my love of fashion/beauty as well as Irish craft and scrapbooking. I had a blog about 5-6 years ago but this is a step up from that and I am loving using WordPress! This website focuses on Irish design, health & wellness, beauty, style, travel and I love to talk to others about their experiences and inspirations, this is definitely a lifestyle blog!
Since doing Blogmas in 2015 I am taking writing more seriously and I love posting on my blog- it has become such a creative outlet. It has become a genuine outlet of mine and I am looking forward to what 2016 will bring.
Q2. What was your first blogger event?
It was the Into The West Blogger Network first birthday. You can read all about it here. Since then I have made some great friends through blogging and the ladies Saibh and Sinead who are the founders of ITWBN are just such an amazing support.
Q3. Biggest dream?
To travel the world! I travel quite a bit each year and do make it a priority to travel, so I love discovering new cities and experiencing different cultures.
Q4. What’s your favourite book and why?
I love to read. And part of my monthly bucket lists this year is to read a minimum of a book a month. My favourite book has to be the secret garden by Frances Hodgson Burnet, it’s a book that I read as a child and still pick up from time to time.
Q5. Best memory of your life?
Going to Disneyland with my family for the first time. We had such an amazing time and the photos and memories that I will treasure forever.
Q6. Best blogging opportunity?
Meeting other amazing bloggers. It may sound a little clichéd but I love meeting new people and since none of my close friends are bloggers it is great to be able to talk to others about blogging and all the ups and downs that come alongside it.
Q7. Do you think there are downsides of blogging?
Sometimes it can feel that you put hours in a blogpost and that no one is reading it. I am sure that I am not the only one to experience this and luckily since I blog for the love of blogging/writing and not for the numbers a such this does not mean that I stop writing. I actually love commenting on other blogs so that others do not feel the same as me (I’m a sap I know 🙂 )
Q8. Did you experience hate from other bloggers?
I have been quite lucky that to date I have not had to deal with hate from other bloggers. I am quite a positive person in general so I fully believe that what you put out there comes back – so I myself always try to put a positive view on things and I do find that this helps me day to day. If you are more optimistic in life in general some negativity is going to be easier to deal with. Alison Cavanagh has some amazing articles on this.
Q9. How do you deal with negative comments?
Again, I have been lucky that I have not had to deal with much negativity with regards comments but I think if constructive then you should take them on board. If mean then I would like to think that I would move on from them.
Q10. If you only had to use 3 face products for the rest of your life, which ones would you pick?
Oh a difficult one! I would choose the Body Shop Intensive Moisturiser as this really helps in winter, the Nuxe lip balm with honey and the classic Elizabeth Arden 8 hour cream. Okay I’m cheating but also the Soap and Glory Superfluid SPF 50… you always need SPF 🙂
My Liebster Award Questions;
1. What made you start blogging?
2. What do you think will/does make your blog stand out?
3. What has been your favourite experience to date with regards blogging?
4. What is the ultimate goal for your blog?
5. What is your favorite post that you have written? Include a link!
6. What is a secret talent of yours?
7. Where is the favourite place that you have travelled?
8. What is your favourite thing to do in your spare time?
9. What beauty product can you not live without?
10. If your life had a theme song – what would it be?
And lastly here are my nominations in no particular order for the Liebster Award should they accept 🙂
1. Sarah from Sarah Sparkles
2. Claire from Claire Ann
3. Maria from Mrs. Dillons Diary
4. Sarah from Siren and Soul
5. Louise from Thrifty Lil Pixie
6. Pam from Pam, Live, Love Fashion
7. Malwina from YoLo my Diary
8. Meave from Cool Rhubarb
9. Susie from Make Up by Ruby Sue
10.Kerrie from Bella and Vogue